Sunday, December 1, 2013

9 Days before my gastric sleeve and I'm told I can still BREASTFEED!

Excited, excited, excited!  I'm almost halfway done with my 2 week pre- op Atkins diet.  Its suppose to shrink my liver so the doctor can access my stomach with no problems.  It's amazing that this can be done with just a few small incisions!  Not that my stomach is prize winning anyway with my pregnancy tiger stripes, so I'm not too concerned about the scars.

I am extra excited because the surgeon told me I CAN KEEP BREASTFEEDING!  I was completely shocked!  I thought the liquid diet that I have to be on for half a month and such would make it impossible. He said my body will still make nutritious milk, and he fully encourages me to breast feed as long as I want. He said only for 24 hours after surgery am I not allowed to breast feed.  But even with my RX pain pills ill be given, ill still be allowed to nurse my Joey!  Totally ecstatic!  Honestly, switching to formula was my biggest worry for this whole ordeal.  

The other worry I had was having to take some kinda crazy rx vitamins that were expensive and what not for the rest of my life.  Nope! The surgeon said I just have to take a chewable vitamin twice a day (instead of the packages recommended once a day).  

It's still going to be a difficult process. But these little things make a big difference to me.  :-)

My "before" pics at 271.8 pounds 5'8.5"



 


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment