Sunday, August 25, 2013

Don't screw with my DIAPER DISCOUNT!!

So yay!  My wonderful online mommy friends tipped me off to a awesome deal- so I got a GRRRREAT deal on diapers at Amazon friday; 222 diapers for $21 after combining discounts and coupons!

I go check my order status today.  What's this?  A problem processing my order with my credit card?  I've been using it all weekend for back to school shopping and I know there's money in the account.....  Well, maybe I typed it in wrong.  No problem, I'll just re enter it.....

WAIT!  Whats this???  $30!   That is not $21!  It's like they realized the deal they were giving was too good and canceled my order and recalculated it.   That can't be it.  I have many friends who have already received their diapers after paying even less....

And from there I am sucked into the twighlight zone Amazon help chat where logic has no place and my IQ has been reduced for merely participating:

****************************************************************************

You are now connected to Fidel from Amazon.com
Me:The price was $21 and now it wants a payment revision $30?
I can fix the credit card issue, I'm sure somthing was just not typed correctly, but I want the amount I was originally going to pay.
Fidel:Hello, my name is Fidel.
Me:hello
Fidel:I'm really sorry, is this a price on the item you have purchased?   Not off to a good start, are we Fidel?
Me:It's the end price with the promotions/coupons it was $21 when i put in my credit card
Fidel:What is this $21 promotional credit is about, is this related to an order?
May you please elaborate the issue to better assist you.   OH FUCK, it's ESL time...
Me:21 is the total price after all discounts was taken off I put my credit card to pay $21. i saw it wanted revised credit card and the total price went up to $30
I want to pay $21 for the product like I agreed to on friday  
Fidel:May I have the link of the item please?
Me:order# 108-8337208-xxxxxx
Fidel:Thank you.
I see that this is an order for subscribed and save right?
Me:yes
and i had the amazon mom 20%, and a $25 off
originally
Fidel:Oh, I see.   "I see" means "I am totally lost"
Please give me a minute or two to check the order.  i.e. I need to get another ESL co-worker to help translate this for me
Me:ok i'm going to step away and i'll be right back i just need this fixed so i can pay and get my product
Fidel:Thanks for waiting Robin.
I'm sorry for the confusion I have here but just to make sure, the price of the item has increased is that right?   NO Fidel, the price went DOWN and I can't bear to pay TOO LITTLE!!
Me:yes
Fidel:I see.  NO YOU DONT! F&CKING! SEE!!!!
And just to clarify, you have already subscribed for same item before right?
May I have the order number for that.
Me:no i have not
Fidel:Oh, I see.   Really?!
Have they promised that you will get the item on its lower price?  yes Fidel, we had a contract signed in blood 
Me:The price I checked out with on friday was $21  
but now they want different credit card info and increased the price
i want the original $21 price
Fidel:Let me check the details of the item.  more ESL collaboration and a 5 minute hookah break
Me:if you need me to email pictures of the original check out screen i have them
Fidel:I am seeing here that the price of the item hasn't been decreased in $21.  


Me:i know thats the problem
Let me break this down for you because you are not understanding 
the price was $55.99
shipping and handling $0
promotion applied -$11.20
promotion applied -$25.00
total before tax $19.79
GRAND TOTAL: $21.42

this is what i am wanting to pay, just like i tried to pay friday
today they want $30 i dont want to pay $30 i want to pay $21.42
Fidel:I see.  !!!!
Go on.   Go on?  GO ON???  AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaa!  @!*&%
Me:thats it. i want to pay $21.42
Fidel:Alright, please bear with me as I further check on this alright?
Me:ok
Fidel:Thanks for waiting Robin.
Here's the details.
First, I'm really sorry, it looks like you thought that the discount for subscribed and save can be combine with the BABYTIME promotional credit but unfortunately it can't be, if you can see we already provided you an exception with this by getting the higher discount of this subscribed and save order.
However, I can see that this issue requires an exception, I really appreciate your time contacting us just to brought this to our mind.
Me:it can be because my friends all have checked out and paid and gotten their diapers for that much
Fidel:Let me look for the best option for you.
Me:ok
Fidel:Thanks for waiting Robin.
Here's what I can do to help.
I already escalated this to my lead and got approved.
Since we no longer have the option to apply the promotional credit on the order what I am going to do is to issue the $10 promotional discount on your account that you can used on your next purchase ships and sold by Amazon.com.
Would that be fine?
*********************************************************************************



So basically the discounts weren't meant to be combined (per Fidel), even though a slew of my mommy friends were able to get it.  Apparently they figured out their mistake and tried to fix the price.   In the end, however, I got what I wanted.  

But next time I may save myself the trouble and just pay full price.





3 comments:

  1. That's so weird! I've used amazon's customer service tons of times and they have always been super helpful, never like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, in the end I got my $10. So he was helpful..... it just took a long time to get there. LOL

      Delete
  2. Well at least Fidel didn't try to say his name was Bob or John. Probably should have added "in" to the fidel... they really should hire people who can at least TYPE like they speak and understand English. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete